Pamela Yelland is a specialist Housing Solicitor acting for registered social landlords with housing stock in London, including shared ownership properties. The Department conducts its own advocacy whenever possible and proceedings are conducted in County Courts throughout London.
The Department’s work includes:
- Possession proceedings based on the grounds of rent arrears, nuisance, sub-letting and other breaches of tenancy agreements
- Anti-social behaviour measures
- Defending disrepair claims
- Advice on housing policy issues
- Wide ranging general advice on landlord and tenant issues
- Preparation of Notices Seeking Possession and other relevant Notices in this area
To view the Court of Appeal’s judgment in the case of Sanctuary Housing Association -v- Donald Campbell in which the firm was instructed by the Housing Association and in which it was decided that a husband who remained in occupation of the matrimonial home after separation and sought to set aside his wife’s surrender of the tenancy in her name in order to claim a right of continued occupation for himself, could not rely on s.1 Matrimonial Homes Act 1983, please click here.